Monday, May 3, 2010

Big Red Barn

I love Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown!


It's such a simple book jam packed with farm vocabulary. It's especially nice to listen to on tape--very soothing and keeps the kids' attention.
We listened to this book during our circle time. Then, during small groups, we made our own big red barn!

Targets:
Vocabulary
Fine Motor
Requesting

First, we gathered our materials--blank barns, pre-cut out animals, glue and crayons. We reviewed the vocabulary items with the children.

Next, the students requested their animals ("I want a pig") and glued it onto their barn any way they wanted.
When all the animals were home in their barn, the children were able to color.
Our beautiful big red barns!

Please leave a comment--I always love to know what you think!
.


StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the cute animals to cut out and color? I love this book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie-
    It's been so long, I don't remember anymore.I'll have to check! Hopefully it'll say on my original!

    ReplyDelete